This message is from: "safreivald" <safreiv...@freivald.org>

>From Sandra Church:

"One thing I need to do soon is to make plans for any of my surviving animals
in my will...maybe that's a topic we could cover on this list.  My husband
wants to "go first" because he says he can't take care of my critters if I
"go
first"!  Just what are our options since at the present, my adult daughters
who love & ride horses simply can't afford to board.  It's something to
seriously consider...."

Thank you, Sandra for some well thought out responses and information.

I especially wanted to respond to the "what happens to our four-legged friends
when we die" part
of her post.  I don't have any folks in my family able to care for my
horse(s).  I do however have a (Fjord!) friend who is named in my will to
receive any horse(s) and equipment when I die (he is much younger than I) and
I trust him to do what is right--keep, sell, euthanize, whatever is the right
and possible thing to do.  The equipment is also his to do with as he pleases.
All of my family is _delighted_ with this solution.  They don't have to worry
for a minute about what to do or where to go.  The person who owns the
facility where I board is also fully informed and in the loop.  While I have
no intention of dying any time soon, one never knows what may happen.  The
people in my life are competent to care for themselves, my animals are not.  I
currently have only a horse, but this would be important for any other
critters in your life.

Thanks for bringing this up, Sandra!

Sue Freivald