This message is from: Martie Bolinski <boli...@dol.net>

Our horses have been wearing grazing muzzles for about 3 years. Kilar is also doing well with his muzzle now that he has learned how to eat with it on. The first couple days were rough and he tore around the pasture like a maniac trying to run away from it. Or he stood by the stall doors waiting to come back in for real food. The shetland took to it almost immediately. Kilar now comes for his muzzle each morning and stuffs his face into it (sometimes upside down or sideways in his rush to go out to graze). He knows he can not leave the barn until it is buckled in place. I did have to put a collar on him the fist year so he wouldn't rub it off, but he seems fine with it this year. He likes to dip his head deep into the water trough and let the water rush out - sort of cleaning out the cra* that builds up in it (or maybe just to cool off?). Fly masks won't go on for another couple weeks - the flies and misquitoes are not too bad yet. He never had a problem with the masks. I had to get an extra large one for him though - the standard horse size would not even come close to going around his big jowls:-)

Martie in MD