This message is from: Lori Lemley <lori.lem...@gmail.com>

I trail ride a lot and the bucking episode you describe sounds to me like
they were reacting to stings or flies. I have a young Fjord who tries to
buck large horse flies off of herself. She has learned not to do it with me
riding because it gets her reprimanded and, if she goes quietly, I will shoo
the fly for her. As for bees or yellowjackets, there's really no way to
prepare for them other than to have an experienced rider scout the trail
beforehand for hives, or avoid riding altogether during the season when they
are most aggressive. They can really get you and your horse into a lot of
trouble fast.

Lori Lemley
Little Rock, Arkansas