This message is from: laura fisher <laura_fishe...@hotmail.com>

ny Hi there-

 When my husband ended up in ICU for five weeks and other people had to feed
out horses, we left them in the pasture day and night. My husband happened to
become ill on the very day we were to move into this "farm".  The pasture here
is much lower than where we kept them before the move.

When we came back and my husband was still very sick I didn't have much time
but to feed them and take them in and out.

After he got better I noticed that most of the horses tails were really
rubbed, some ribbed. Two of the horses had rubbed the hair off their flanks
and also their manes.

the vet called it "sweet itch"...Tiny flying insects the some horses are
allergic to. We had an awful time of it. The vet gave them some cortisone. I
used this potion the grange insisted would work. I got the sheets and head/
neck jammie thngs(snuglies?) out. Most of it didn't help.

I felt like a horrible horse owner until I looked it up and saw that
everywhere horses have this problem.

Then I came upon the :Boett Blanket" It originated in Sweden twenty years ago
and is supposes to REALLY WORK. I do not have one yet but I intend to.

Another product people swear by is "Skin So Soft"  by Avon. I guess you dilute
it....Some people  have tried any produt that contains Bebzyl Benoate

I know all of this because one day all  at once I noticed Elise's tail was
getting scratched...it didn't take me long to envision that beautiful mane
being ruined..

I treat her with a nine day fly spray and use a sheet especially at dusk or
dawn..

I hope you son't have Sweet Itch   ....