This message is from: crystal...@aol.com

In a message dated 10/13/09 1:47:17 PM,
owner-fjordhorse-dig...@angus.mystery.com writes:

> Each and every time that I mount
> Henry, I practice lateral flexion and then disengagement of his
> hindquarters.
> Throughout our workout (whatever it may be), I practice one-rein stops at
> walk/trot (not confident enough to do at a canter - emotional fitness for
> "me"
> to work on)

wow, that is the one thing that i also do before every ride. the first
riding teacher i had in 2001, when i got my first horse, taught everyone how
move the feet on the ground before we even got on. and the emergency stop
and dismount. i STILL do turns on the forehand, and on the hocks with him on
the ground before i even mount up. then i do them again on him. but i never
see anyone teach that........she always told me YOU control the feet.

laurie and oz