This message is from: Heather Baskey <cavy_l...@yahoo.com>

Oye - OK - I can try and explain this ... and will also give a link to my blog
(in the depths of my blog, you will find my PNH Level 1 audition and as messy
as it was - what I type out below is shown in the video clip - OR - search for
hvbaskey within YouTube and you will find the audition clip as well).
Anyhow!  to move front end on the ground:  place hand on nose of horse, other
hand on shoulder of horse.  With steady pressure - move the horse over
(pressure on nose, support with shoulder).

IF the horse shifts weight, or
takes a step - RELEASE and rub to a stop (rewarding the slightest try).  Then
move from one step to two to three, etc.etc.etc. until the horse is moving
his/her front end.  Do NOT let the horse move forward!  Dominant (Left Brain
Thinkers) horses will resist moving their front end, but will disengage their
hind end easily.  Right Brain (Insecure, Flight Mode models) will move their
front end easily and their hind end not so readily).

Pressure Phases are
"air, hair, skin, muscle" (you want your phases to be as light as possible
which will lead itself to lightness in the saddle).

Not sure if that helps
(or not!) - but gave it a try ;-)   IF you do watch my L1 PNH audition clip,
please bear in mind that's over 6 months ago and we have improved - LOL!!!
Heather
Playing Naturally with Henry Fjord
http://digilass.wordpress.com