This message is from: "jerry friz" <jf...@com-pair.net>

Hi Corinne,
You are on the right track. Here again common sense. Like anything else, always inspect before using, car, airplane, bicycle, horse, helmet, etc. The manufactures must say something to protect them from lawsuits.

What if your helmet was kept in a box for 5 years? [never used] Would you pitch it out?

Regards,
Jerry Friz,
Anderson, Ca.

Subject: Replacing helmets

I know someone mentioned replacing the helmets after 5 years per the
manufacturer's directions. Anyone curious about this as my helmets all have styrofoam in them and according to modern research, that stuff never breaks
down in our landfills. Anyone have any better answers other than the
manufacturers need to keep selling helmets? BTW, I totally understand
replacing after an accident, just not for normal useage.