This message is from: Marsha Jo Hannah <han...@ai.sri.com>

Interesting---I got an error message, "Sender IP address not
resolving" on the version of this message that I sent earlier today.
So, let's try my other mailer.  Apologies if this comes thru twice....

sandra church <minih...@hotmail.com> wrote:

while in Tractor Supply today, I saw a CUTE fjord on the cover of
the Jan.  2010 cover of Horse Illustrated.  [...]  I didn't have
time (or my reading glasses) to locate any info in the magazine
about the cover photo.

LOL!  Well, if you found such photo credits, it'd be a first!  Horse
Illustrated is notorious for NOT describing their photos.

I need some advice about my 19 yr. old Loki.  His hocks have been
bothering him (arthritis) [...]  I can easily retire him to hang out
for the rest of his life but I was wondering if he might still be
comfortable being driven? [...]  is driving a horse easier on their
hocks than riding?  I'm guessing that it is

Unfortunately, no---from what I've read, driving tends to be hard on
the hocks.  Think about the "power train" required to engage the
hindquarters to PUSH forward on the collar (whether breastcollar, or
neck collar).  Ditto for the stresses required to plant the hind feet,
to stop the vehicle via breeching.  It takes sound hocks to do both.

OTOH, I can tell you from experience that retired, somewhat arthritic
Fjords make great "pasture pets", a.k.a. "teddy ponies".  ;-)

Marsha Jo Hannah                Murphy must have been a horseman--
han...@ai.sri.com               anything that can go wrong, will!
15 mi SW of Roseburg, Oregon