This message is from: Heather Baskey <cavy_l...@yahoo.com>

Hi Mary

I purchased "Henry" (Mid's Jed) as a 2 year old,  I have only employed Natural
Horsemanship (NH) techniques since purchasing him.  I don't break it down as
positive reinforcement, or negative reinforcement.  I just break it down as
something that works "for me".

PNH (Parelli Natural Horsemanship) is the "cult", "snake oil" that I follow
and I have never looked back.  It may, or may not work for everyone.  PNH puts
the "relationship" with your horse first and that is important to "me".  I can
say with confidence that when I walk into the pasture, my Henry catches me
(whether he is 100 feet away, or 1000).  Wherever I take him, people comment
on what an incredible, calm, polite horse he is and are equally stunned when
they hear he is a mere 3 years of age.

Today, I tested my relationship with him.  I asked him to trailer load at
Liberty (no halter, no line) and I sent him to the trailer from 15 feet or so
away.  When the bridle comes off, all you have left is the "truth".  Henry,
happily loaded onto the trailer!

Nothing brings me more joy than playing with Henry at Liberty.  It's an
incredible feeling to have a horse that "wants" (not made) to do things with
their human partners.

When people criticize who I follow, I just smile and walk away ... my Henry is
the world to me and the relationship we have developed together is credited to
the savvy that I have learned from the Parelli method.

Heather
Playing Naturally with Henry
Ontario - Canada