This message is from: "robin.holl...@murraystate.edu"
<robin.holl...@murraystate.edu>

Dear Fjord Horse Digest

Some time has passed since my last post and our research on white markings in
the Fjord is progressing. I would like to once again ask for the Fjord
Horse Community’s help. Please fill out a survey for any and all Fjord horses
that you know of. It doesn’t matter if you know 1 horse or 100, ANY
information is beneficial to our research. Remember, the survey may be obtained
from our website :

www.murraystate.edu/fjord_horse

on the link “survey”. Our website also includes information about our research
and genetics. If you need us to send you copies of the survey by mail,
please contact us and we will do so. Once again, any and all information is
appreciated and is very helpful to our research.

I would like to clarify on one point: submitting a survey on a horse that does
NOT have white is just as important as submitting a survey on a horse
that DOES have white. We need to have confirmations from as many Fjord owners,
breeders, trainers and any other affiliates as possible. Please do not
feel that your contribution would not be helpful, for I promise you that every
single survey helps immensely.  It is very important that we know for
sure that a Fjord does not have white, as well if a Fjord has white, so please,
fill out and send a survey to us on as many Fjords that you know of.
If you remember seeing a Fjord that had a marking and you cannot remember
exactly the shape, that is perfectly fine. Just make a note on the survey
that you know the horse has a white markings, you just do not know precisely
the exact shape. By receiving multiple surveys from many different
people, our confidence in the Fjord having or not having white strengthens.

We are conducting this research not only to learn more about equine genetics,
but also as a service to the Fjord community. In order for us to
present to you the best results possible, we must first have information from
you. Our results will be given to the Fjord Horse community so that it
may be an educational tool for breeders, and even a study to apply the methods
to other aspects of the Fjord.

If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please feel free to contact
either myself (robin.holl...@murraystate.edu) or the professor I am
working with (everett.we...@murraystate.edu) and we will be more than happy to
help you out in any way possible.

Thank you for all of your help!