This message is from: Bernice Blair <bernicebl...@verizon.net>

Hi all.  Its Bernice and Edie Blair from Washington DC.  We are new to the list
and have a question about Fjords on grass.  My daughter and I have a 7-year old
gelding that we purchased from Carol Rivoire about 4 years ago (BDF Titan).
For the first few years that we had him, his turnout was always on dirt, so we
did not need to worry about grass.  Last fall we moved him to a barn in
Maryland where is out on grass for 8-9 hours a day.  Our vet has expressed
concern about him being on Mid-Atlantic grass in the spring and summer, having
seen several fjords in this area founder.  Titan is on the lean side, and is
not as easy a keeper as many fjords.  Nevertheless, we want to be careful.  We
are wary of grazing muzzles - he has lost 4 halters in as many months thanks to
his playful herdmates.  We would welcome advice/experience/views.
Thanks,
Bernice and Edie Blair