This message is from: pedfjo...@aol.com

In a message dated 10/5/2010 1:07:16 PM Mountain Daylight Time,
owner-fjordhorse-dig...@angus.mystery.com writes:

> This message is from: qhorse...@aol.com
> I bought a Fjord mare at an auction in California this past weekend. She
> looks
> purebred, but has a brand 506 on her neck. I was told she is about 8-10yrs
> old
> and came from Orgeon. Broke to ride and drive. Does anyone have any idea
> who
> brands Fjords on thier necks? If so what does it mean, where did she come
> from, etc. Any information is helpful.
> thank you
> Christie

   Hi Christi, and congrats on your Fjord ! She rides and drives and still
ended up at auction huh ?  Wow. The brand on her neck might show that she
was, at one time used on a PMU farm. Her age is about right as well, and I
have seen Fjords with brands come from that industry. You can try to research
the brand, but its going to make you pull your hair out, just FYI.
( you will need to include Canada in the search )

Was the auction able to give you any information on the consigner ? I would
start there. Sometimes a nice clerk will call the consigning party for you
and ask they contact you, but they are under no obligation to do so. I was
able to help a couple of people find out about their Fjords past history, so
if you write me in private, I will see what I can dig up. Either way, it
sounds like you scored big time getting this girl thats trained already. Send
me a picture of her brand and I can look around for you. Lisa Pedersen
Pedersens Fjords
Cedar City, UTAH
* raining day 3, flooded paddocks and SNOW at elevation.   ; )