This message is from: "ursula jensen" <ujen...@junction.net>

I just got word that the Fjord Driving Team that entertained the crowds at
Equitana, Essen Germany in 2009 is heading to the desert.  Reinhardt
Gombert, the Team leader got the invitation  last May at a driving event in
Odenwald Germany to participate in the  January 2011 Horse Gala  "Royal
Equestrian & Camel Festival in Maskat the capital city of  Oman.

Mid November 13 carriages, 26 harnesses and related equipment filled a
contained and was shipped to Maskat with 27 fjord horses following next
week. One day later the drivers and trainers follow for an adventure of a
lifetime: quite an adjustment for horses since they will disembark to summer
temps.

This team is truly accomplished and was a spectator hit at Equitana in 2009.
Equitana is the largest Equestrian Exhibition in the world

Fjords will have a chance to be aptly showcased and since they are
considered a rare breed will make their mark at a truly International Event.
We can all be proud and wish them well.

Those of you who have seen the Lorenzo videos have seen this Festival and
know how huge an event it is. I am planning another trip to Equitana this
year and will be joined by 3 other Fjord friends to partake in a truly
magnificent event....can't wait till March. Flights and accommodations are
booked and tickets are in my hands...yipppeee!!!!!

Ursula