This message is from: Moira Sambey <moirasam...@hotmail.com>

Hi Robyn

I agree with Marsha Jo, hay needs to be weighed as flakes vary tremendously in
weight. You can get a Newton scale in the fishing section of Walmart etc. I put
my hay in a heavy duty black plastic garbage bag, spin it to twist the top and
hang it on the scale.

Also like Marsha Jo, I feed 1% of body weight split into 2 feeds. This works
out to 6lbs of hay each feed. He also gets 3-4 hours of pasture a day. If for
some reason I can't turn him out,
he gets another 6lbs hay instead of the pasture.

I wouldn't put your mare in with the round bale where the geldings are, sad to
say, the risks of overeating are not worth it.