This message is from: Jane Brackett <donj...@fairpoint.net>

I have been using quiescence for the last 5 months and have found it to have
made a difference.  Both fjords were a bit overweight and while sound both
showed some alarming hoof changes (small spots of blood in the laminae).  They
spent a lot of time in the diet paddock this summer, quiescence and coenzyme Q
10 (100mg. per day).  I just did the coenzyme Q10 for 30 days - expensive,
purchased human grade from our natural food store. They will remain on the
quiescence.  I started with increasing exercise but a stifle injury halted that
for my mare.  They get a vit. supplement (triple crown 30% supplement) and
grass hay.  I don't soak it.   However, they both look and act much better now.

We did not have insulin tests done, expensive and our vet just felt that we
should assume EMS.  He stressed dieting and exercise.  They are younger than
your mare (17 and 18).

Good luck,
Jane  in rainy Maine