This message is from: Kelly Trirogoff <rtrirog...@hotmail.com>

Hello list;

Winter has been relatively mild this year in Qualicum, BC, Canada...I have
been reading all of the posts about weight issue, and have ALWAYS had the
opposite problem...Skovy is slightly 'energetic' so sometimes can get on the
lean side...he is fed a variety of different things besides his hay...We also
had a bad batch of hay in that they boys turned their noses up at it and
refused to eat a lot of it...

Anyways, I come to you all with a question regarding electric fencing...We
have had our fence in place for 3 years, and I have never been satisfied with
it...Where we live it is rocky and sandy...We were never able to get the
grounding poles in the full 10 feet...I have maybe .25 acres fenced for Skovy
and Valentine...I want to subdivide it and plant grass on half now that it is
well coated with rotted manure (and things are starting to grow on it...Howver
I am concerned about the charge for the electric fence...Is there another way
that the fence can be grounded so the charge can go further...Also the fence
is only at it's strongest when the ground is very wet...as it dries out it
gets weaker and weaker...Does anyone know if I can put grounding rods in, say
the 4 corners of the field?  Or maybe in other locations besides where I have
them concentrated by the box??

I know I am kind of rambling, but this stuff is greek to me, so if I don't
fully understand it, I have a hard time explaining it...The long and the short
of it is:  I have a fence that I want to add "extra work to" by running a line
through the middle of their field...I am concerned the fence doesn't have
enough grounding... Or does anyone have a good site I can look at...I tried
looking up "simple horse fencing"  and easy fencing instructions...

Suggestions?

Kelly, Skovy and Valentine the shetland