This message is from: morrisshado...@aol.com

Horses are not humans and their reproductive system is not the same.   Just
google horses mare reproduction and you will find out all sorts of researched
factual information on them.   Genetic defects don't come from age, but DNA
they don't have the same risks and issues as humans.  Here is one link
http://www.equine-reproduction.com/articles/myths.shtml .   There are many
more.   Just do some research on the topic it is very interesting.   I do have
a few horses born of old parents and they are of excellent quality.
Sometimes it is is worth the efforts for an exceptional bloodline.  I leased
an expensive older warmblood mare and got a wonderful foal.
      That is how many breeders get a start is with older mares that  have had
and outstanding show or race career that carry great breeding  lines, but are
now affordable, because of age, but still can  produce several foals.

Bonnie Morris

Western WA