This message is from: "Debby" <miss.am...@earthlink.net>

I’m going to visit a Friesian trainer this next week.  Having been in such a
rural area and no trainers in dressage that I’ve been happy with, I am
hopeful that I will be happy with what I see.  She is a friesian
breeder/trainer and shows.  She is originally from Germany.  Speaking with her
she seems to think a lot along the lines of classical dressage, light hand,
move from lightness.  She feels the temperment of the friesian demands this
and I’m wondering too if that is the case for fjords, or at least Ynde.  My
Langster that I lost last year was very forward and light, almost too forward
as if evading the leg on him.  Ynde is not forward and some would tend to kick
kick kick and tap tap tap and cluck cluck cluck and still not get anywhere
with her.  Yet watch her move in the pasture and how forward she is, some
really nice working trots and she can surely canter from one place to the
other but lunging and undersaddle, she poops out.
I’m close to 60yrs. of age,  I haven’t the knowledge nor the strength nor
the balance to do right by her and at her 8yrs. of age, she needs it now.  We
had started her and then she threw some things at us that we didn’t know
what to do...shouldering in, taking husband to the corner of the arena : )
all those fun things.  She didn’t do it with me so much as I stayed off of
the rail, did a lot of change of directions and stayed away from those
corners.  But, I had my Lang to go to and enjoy and he was easy and I was
blessed to have a horse that pretty much just did without any worries for me.
So my plan, at this time as my plans seem to change as the weather, is to have
her do undersaddle work with her in the arena and in the fields, exposure, and
then I will think of trying to place her.  She, the trainer, can only visit
this barn 3 times a week, it has a covered screened large dressage arena so
never an excuse to not ride, we will look when we visit.  We will go up and
visit her at least once a week, groom her, watch a lesson.  I’m hopeful that
no more than 90days, maybe less..we will have to see how she does.
Wondered what everyones thoughts were.  What I should watch for.  How much to
expect in 30days.  Ynde is green but started and I do think with the right
trainer, she will come along quickly.  Its more like she is being restarted
and with a trainer rather than me.  Will only be dressage, no jumping nor
driving..but some trail riding to give her that exposure.
thanks.
Debby