This message is from: "Sue Harrison" <sr...@xplornet.com>

Hello...I haven't written in for awhile and cannot find an answer in the
archives.  I, too am having saddle issues. Our boys are round as apples and
mutton withers.  We cannot keep our saddles tight. I have used a neoprene
saddle pad or a reg fleece lined pad, new leather cinch straps, nylon cinch
straps and all types of belly bands...except the traditional string
girth...hubby does not want to go there, thinks they would sore them?  At any
rate, both ponies went on a 15 mile trailride and the saddles were constantly
slipping.  I did not go that day, but tried to ride Pep this morning in the
pasture.  Hubby gave me a boost up but the saddle slipped anyway and to get it
straight was impossible. I put all my weight in my right stirrup and the
stupid thing stayed two inces to the left of his neck.  We could not get it
straight at all. Stupid thing stayed stuck right there....on sideways of
course.  We are using a full quarter Western Wintec. on Pep and a 1/4 full on
Storn.  Neither work.  We live in N.B. and like Kelly, have limited saddle
selection hereabouts.  The saddles slip a bit when we mount and stay right
there...lopsided.  If we do keep them straight while mounting,  they don't
stay that way for long.  We tie the cinch.
Does anyone have any ideas for an easy inexpensive type that would work that I
could probably have access to?
Sue in N.B.  Storm and Peppin's mom.