From: owner-fjordho...@angus.mystery.com
[mailto:owner-fjordho...@angus.mystery.com] On Behalf Of Caroline Warren
Sent: Wednesday, September 28, 2011 11:04 AM
To: fjordhorse@angus.mystery.com
Subject: Abcess under tongue

This message is from: Caroline Warren <caroline.war...@att.net>

A friend of mine has an arab that developed a large abcess under her
tongue this summer.  The hole was about 5 inches long.  This happened
to be 2 weeks after receiving a vaccine for the equine herpes virus
outbreak that came from Utah.  The horse had not been exposed.
Anyway, the horse was extremely sick and finally was sent by her vet
to the University of CA, Davis, vet school for treatment, where it was
treated with antibiotics for 10 days ($$$$).  The mare was released
with 2 months worth of antibiotics and eventually recovered completely.