This message is from: Hope Carlson <hillsidefarm...@att.net>

Dear all,   my  mare Eve, her first foal is registered to a couple w. a farm
on
Madeline Island according to their webpage.  This is Eve's only red foal
and I
was kind of wondering how she turned out.  Their webpage says it is
tourist type
place.  I emailed.  I like the island.  Would be nice to go
back.  Famous
weaving school there.  Great fly-
in breakfast.  And the goats
can't be beat.  No reply.

Last visit there was a nice herd of icelandics.
Sign said public could ride.
No one was home.  Mmmm.  Maybe there is a
pattern here?

Had a huge dog w. an abcess similar.  Put in a drainage tube.
Was on IV
antibiotics for a while.  Did the petri dish thing to identify the
bad guy
germs.  Some kind of seed w. a sharp point had penetrated the skin
and started
working its way up.  Your situation is a hard call.

Hope
N IL