This message is from: "Mary Ofjord" <ma...@boreal.org>

To those of you who posted about Jerk neighbors and their noise, I can
sympathize. I have had the two stroke dirt bikes going all day before,<snip> I crave to live in a quiet place, with beautiful meadows where all I can hear are the birds and wind, sun on my back and my fjord by my sideJ

Rosemary in Roy, WA

It's been an interesting tread regarding jerk neighbors. We have them too. We had some horse folks that lived right across the road from us, but they pulled up stakes and moved to Alaska. I won't go into detail about how they left five horses on the property and hoped somebody else would take care of them, but not a week after they left their cousins (yes, they are all related across the road) put up a motocross track that we got to listen to for five weeks straight, all day long, dawn until dusk! When we complained to the police we were sighted as the "bad" neighbors because their kids couldn't ride on the track and make as much dust and racket as they wanted.

We finally came to a truce and now it is tolerable, but I have always envisioned a state where all the people who enjoy the silent sports could move. We could put the mountain bikers in one part of the state, the hikers in another, the skiers could use the trails in winter and everybody would get along. All the rednecks could move to another state and collect their dogs and junk, and make all the noise they want, and shoot their guns on Sundays (like they do around here. I think it's some type of family time.)

<sigh> I guess it's just a dream. The only thing you can hope about jerk neighbors is that the kids will grow up and move away, or the bank will foreclose on their home and they will move somewhere else. Then we can ride and drive our horses peacefully down the roads.

Mary O. (up to our eyeballs in snow! Now our jerk neighbors will get their snowmobiles out)

database 6917 (20120226) __________

http://www.eset.com