This message is from: Gail Russell <g...@zeliga.com>

I have been pondering this issue in my sleep and have some definite ideas about
things that should be looked at given the registries dual responsibilities for
preserving the integrity of the Fjord gene pool AND determining ownership.

Surely it is possible to post the written documentation that was submitted to
the registry?  (on the Fjord Issues list, where posting pictures is allowed).

If it is not possible to do so due to legal issues, then the legal issues
should be clearly documented.

If there were legal filings, then there are legal pleadings, motions and case
file numbers.  They should be posted.  I gather this is one of those secret
settlement documents, but, if the courts have been accessed and a settlement
entered, it is at least possible to see what rights the courts actually
adjudicated.

In thinking about this, there are two issues...the gene pool proof, which is
unnecessary because of the DNA proof as I understand it.  Can Fred post proof
of the DNA results?

The other issue is ownership. In grade animals, the statutory and common law
govern.  In registered animals, the registry rules probably trump the state and
common law as to ownership of a registered animal.  The first thing to do is
look at the facts and the state and common law.  I suspect that is where the
registry is finding its balking points....i.e...who really owns this horse for
sure.  Anyone know these legal rules offhand and can post them.  (I am off to
try to save my husband's ex-inlaws from some nasty old age problem, so no time
right now.)

We can all look at the registry rules.

If the sire and dam are NFHR registered, it seems it is the responsibility to
deal with this head on.

Finally, this filly is easily likely to outlive most of the Fjord list members,
including Fred and Lois.  Given that she may one day be cast adrift in the sea
of unwanted horses, she could really use registration if that is at all
possible.  Otherwise, her current name should be Limbo, and her future name
could easily turn out to be Sausage.  She has an independent interest in all of
this.  There should be a registry-applied version of child support for all
horses who are denied registration without good cause.

Gail

Also,