This message is from: mabo...@aol.com

I agree with both Wendy and Mary.  Anything you give a horse, whether is it
prescribed or homeopathic, has potential and real side effects. It's a good
idea to talk to your vet about any proposed treatment even if you chose a
homeopathic remedy.

I also think Previcox can offer a possible solution.  I have a 22 y.o.
warmblood mare with fairly serious arthritis.  The mare is retired but not
ready to cross the rainbow bridge.  Last fall I talked to my vet about giving
her something to control her discomfort.  I did not want to put her on daily
bute because of the gastric issues and her history of colic. He recommended
Previcox as an alternative.  She gets half a tab a day in her feed and the
difference is remarkable.  I have seen her cantering around the field.  She
has an easier time getting her feet trimmed.  Overall she seems perkier.  The
cost of Previcox is quite reasonable.  Like Mary, I am grateful to have this
option for her.

Margaret Bogie
Ironwood Farm
Rixeyville, VA