This message is from: Robin Churchill <rbc...@yahoo.com>

I wish it were that simple. I have used probiotics many times on horses with
loose stools that do not have parasites and usually have found it to have
little effect. I have a big warmblood gelding who has had a lot of problems
with off and on loose stools over the past year which seem to be related to
stress vs. hay changes vs. medications vs. I don't know what and although I
have given him probiotics on a regular basis to try and help, it really hasn't
seemed to do much. I don't think it hurts to try it because in some instances
it is probably beneficial but there are a lot more causes of diarrhea in horses
(and in humans) than parasites or derangement of the gut flora.

Robin in Florida