This message is from: Karen McCarthy <weeg...@hotmail.com>

I came in a bit late to the conversation here but I was wondering if you have
talked w/ you vet about gastric ulcers? They are so much more common than you
would think. I have a TB mare I am caring for that I rescued in November who
had them. It was pretty easy to diagnose w/ her as she presented the full
repetoire of symptoms w/o hesitation, unlike our more stoic Fjords. We started
out by giving her Ulcer Gard paste (at a discounted rate of $28 a tube!!) The
active ingredient is Omprazole (active ingredient in Prilosec for human ulcers
) and then 2 weeks into treatment we switched to a product that was donated to
us by the manufacturer, Ulcer Cure OTC  which has the same % of Omprazole as
Ulcergard, but comes in powder form.  A one month supply is $150. The only
caveat is that you must store it at the correct temp, close to 77°,  as the
Omprazole is fairly unstable.  http://ulcercureotc.com/Hope this helps, Karen
in snowy Oregon

:: Karen McCarthy :: Great Basin Fjords :: Madras, Oregon ::