From: Cindy B Giovanetti <cin...@ipi.org>
Subject: Feeding the chubbies
To: fjordhorse@angus.mystery.com
Date: Saturday, March 9, 2013, 2:51 PM

This message is from: Cindy B Giovanetti <cin...@ipi.org>

Those of you who limit your Fjord's feed to keep them from getting obese
-- how much do you give them, and what do you give them?

Mine gets 20 lbs a day of chaffhaye (which is very low starch/sugar
alfalfa) + a couple of handfuls a day of a could-be-fed-free-choice feed
(which I use in training) + some supplements.  Oh, and plus very
overgrazed pasture 24/7 (which I know is not good for IR-prone horses, but
it's all I have).  He gets the chaffhaye through a slow feeder, but it's
still gone faster than I would wish.  :(

He looks terrific, but he tells me he's starving.

What are you doing?

Cindy
Lots of pictures of his fine self here:
https://www.facebook.com/LifeWithOden