This message is from: Amy Evers <fjord...@aol.com>

Well, I'm probably going to piss someone off here, but I've been kind of
shunned here lately anyway, so here goes...

First I'll say I was thrilled to see the beautiful group of Fjords in the
Pasadena Rose Parade. I know the folks that presented them worked their butts
off to get them ready, etc. That said, I have to wonder at the sudden support
for people who want to do parades. From what I saw of the preparation for this
event they had a LOT of help, especially in the financial aspect, which is a
good thing. It's confusing though, in that when a group of Oregon Fjord owners
decided to enter the Portland Oregon Rose Festival's Grand Floral Parade (2nd
in size ONLY to the Pasadena parade for "all floral" parades, and also
Nationally Televised) some years back, we were politely refused any assistance
at all from NFHR; no money was donated, no offers of fund raisers to help us
finance it, and as I recall one of the Oregon members made the only signs we
had for the parade as well. Our small group purchased all our own flowers or
donated them from personal gardens, did all our own arrangements and
decorations, paid our own entry fees and insurance, our own costs to get to
the parade. Our overnight stalls were at one of the group's home. So yes, I
know first hand how big a job it is to do a BIG parade and I don't begrudge
the participants the extra help, physically or financially, one bit. But I do
have to give a bit of a "Shame on you" to the NFHR itself for their style of
picking and choosing who warrants their backing, or not.

Just a small FYI... Our breed group won the Grand Prize for the ENTIRE EQUINE
DIVISION. We did the Fjord Breed proud with very little if any acknowledgement
or recognition. I've said it before, and I'll say it again. WAY TO GO GANG!!!
Awesome Job. You all know who you are so I wont name names.

Respectfully (at least in tone)
Amy

Amy Evers
Cottage Grove OR 97424