This message is from: "me.kint" <me.k...@yahoo.com>

These Fjords are amazing at how "little" they need.  They are like me, Ha!
I've been watching Clinton Anderson's series down in the outback in the middle
of Austrailia. He had an expert telling about the brombies...  How these horses
have adapted & go 3-4 days between drinks of water.  They've even tracked, one
horse that went 2 weeks between drinks of water!
My 2, I don't know how I can feed them any less,  I would feel so guilty.....if
Tunix feels he hasn't gotten enough to eat, he will come down & stand on the
back porch & stare me down!  He lets his needs be known.  I haven't ever been
able to get a rib shown on mine.  I keep them in at night & when I clean their
pens, I do a pile count each morning.  I've predetermined a target number of
piles for each Fjord.  If too many over the target, they gain weight,  too
few-- they aren't getting sufficient food. I put in for the night & turn out in
AM at about the same time everyday. So the time they are in is pretty
consistent. That's how I determine if they are getting too much to eat.

>From Mary's iPad

PLEASE REMOVE ALL E-MAIL ADDRESSES BEFORE SENDING  OR FORWARDING THIS  EMAIL.