This message is from: Gail Russell <g...@zeliga.com>

Be aware that you could consider taking a 150 gallon Behlen's water tank
(plastic...6 feet long by 2 feet high by 2 feet wide) and installing the
tank in that.  I think I paid $185 with tax for mine (locally).  You have
to drill out the sides.  It works pretty well, and may be considerably
cheaper than their plastic feeder, depending on your calculated shippinig
cost.  Theirs has legs, and is definitely preferable for horses that have
shoes.  We tied ours to a pipe panel fence.  Due to the rounded ends on the
tank, it may be slightly easier to put a full bale in their plastic
feeders.  The netting does appear to be indestructible.  I have had to do a
little of mending to Cinch Chix netting, but that is probably due to the
way I have mounted them on the bottom of barrels in that it motivates to
grab and swing them.  Have become good at netting knots using parachute
cord.  The horses are horrified when they come back and find out what I
have done.  We have been feeding horses once a day for some time.  While
they still probably go 8 or more hours without food at night, they seem to
be happy, and have had no colic incidence since, whereas I had had two
episodes of colic in older horses before (dehydration related, on early
winter days when it is cold at night and warm during the day).

Now I am going to tend to my three dots to delete the last message, like a
good girl.  By the way, if anyone does not know how to delete old messages
from a cell phone, there is an easy way to do it if you get someone to show
you how.

Gail