On Sat, 08 Jan 2005, Ralph Giles wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 08, 2005 at 08:31:47PM -0800, Matt Zimmerman wrote:
> > > liboggflac1 did not change the soname (better check this, it might
> > > require a
> > > soname change, check the seekable ogg-flac support stuff).
> >
> > CCing upstream on this.  Josh, did 1.1.1 change interfaces in liboggflac?
> > If so, it needs a soname change.
>
> Most of the changes were compatible, but it looks like some of the
> OggFLAC__StreamDecoderState enum entries changed position, so the
> soname should increment.
>
> Also, note that the file format changed to fix the streaming issues.
> liboggflac* prior to 1.1.1 is deprecated and debian should not support
> it.

Sure.  But since there is soname breakage, we need a completely correct
package ASAP, since almost everything compiled against the current ones
[that link to liboggflac*] will have to be recompiled.

I am holding TiMidity in the current [broken] state until we get the new
upstream with the soname fixes. I hope it is released very soon :(

BTW, since the mess is already big enough, please do a sanity check on the
c++ bindings too.  Maybe they ought to change the soname to keep in sync
with the c libs they depend on ?

  Henrique Holschuh