No, this has been addressed before.  The FLAC format has no compression levels
or even any encoding parameters that cannot be gleaned from the frame headers.
Everything else is implementation-specific and doesn't need official metadata
support for.

encoding of a flac archive. Many new devices support playback of flac,
however tiny processors sometimes have a hard time decoding files with
the default encoding of -5 or higher, resulting in unstable playback or
even reduced audio quality. A re-encoding to -0 often solve these
issues.