On 02-07-13 11:01, Burak Orçun Özkablan wrote:
I don't use any metadata when encoding and decoding. When I call

*FLAC__StreamDecoderStateString[FLAC__stream_decoder_get_state(m_decoder)] *
*
*
it returns

FLAC__STREAM_DECODER_SEARCH_FOR_METADATA

enum value. Is it an error ?

There is always metadata in a FLAC stream, for example, the samplerate, number of channels used, FLAC encoder version etc. This is called the STREAMINFO block. This is the very first block of the stream. This state tells that the decoder is still looking for that block.

So it seems there's something wrong in the data transfer, as FLAC can't find the first block in the stream. I can think of three things: there is no data received at all (because there is something wrong with the connection or because it isn't sent at all), the data transferred is corrupted/transformed somewhere or there is something wrong in the process of reading data from the network stream.

Have you tried plain wav data first? That's a lot easier to troubleshoot, you can make sure the problem is not in the network-related stuff.