The FLAC standard allows for frames to be stored "as-is", specifically
with the "SUBFRAME_VERBATIM" type -
http://flac.sourceforge.net/format.html#subframe_verbatim
Spoon's implementation is likely using this feature to store uncompressed
data within a valid FLAC file that can be understood by any compliant FLAC
decoder.

-Ben Allison