Jose,

It seems that you keep going back to the software that you have, and asking
whether you can get full quality from that particular software. As many people
here have stated: We do not know about that software - Foobar and Free Encoder
Pack - so we cannot answer questions about that software. If you care about
guaranteed full quality audio, then I suggest that you abandon that software,
and instead focus on different software that can be verified here or elsewhere.

Your only other choice would be to independently verify the quality of the WAV
files using measurement tools or other analysis.

FLAC is the Free Lossless Audio Codec. It preserves the full audio quality of
the original, no matter what format the audio originated in. FLAC also stores a
checksum of the original audio so that the final output can be verified as
matching the original. It doesn't matter whether the source was AIFF or WAV,
and it doesn't matter whether you choose the output format as AIFF or WAV. The
FLAC software that is available from the web sites documented by others who
answered your questions is capable of verifying the original content.

When you get a FLAC file online, there are ways to get back the original,
uncompressed audio. The only exception is if the creators of the FLAC file made
a mistake (like if they convert an MP3 to FLAC, you won't get full quality out,
even if you convert to WAV).

I suggest that you learn more about the core FLAC software, and use the tools
that are documented and verifiable.

Brian Willoughby

p.s. I also buy high quality audio files in FLAC format, starting with CD
quality 16-bit 44.1 kHz, but also including quite a lot of 24-bit audio in 48
kHz, 96 kHz, and 192 kHz. I use the flac command-line, even though it is not
conveniently mouse driven, because I can be certain that I'm getting the full
quality from these files. I also have analysis software which can confirm the
bit depth (I've seen 16-bit quality stored in a 24-bit file, so size doesn't
always matter), and the frequency content (lossy audio has frequency
characteristics that are easy for the trained audio engineer to detect, and
it's also the case that some high-sample-rate audio only contains 22.05 kHz
worth of content).