Helena & Jester ...

Thanks for your replies -- I was trying to continue using the MX component, but because of new features that were wanted in the textarea, I was coding to AS 2. Guess Flash doesn't migrate the components when you do the "migration" - open MX is MX 2004, and save as MX 2004. (Well, one could hope.)

I renamed my old combo, dragged a new one over from the UI library and it hooked up cleanly.

Again, thank you - Miles

At 05:17 PM 11/7/2005, you wrote:
JesterXL wrote:

Thus, if you are using Flash MX components, those are different than MX 2004, and you should refer to the MX documentation for them. Additionally, you should continue to publish to Flash Player 6 if you are using MX code, although, if you wish, there are AS2 updated Flash MX components.

Sorry Miles -- ignore my last message; I didn't realize you were using MX components (I read 'migrated' as 'rebuilt in')

Finally, if you are using MX 2004 or 8 components, read the docs; the components are way different.

Jesse, do you know where a good reference is for differences between MX 2004 and Flash 8 components?
Helen

----- Original Message ----- From: "Miles Thompson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Monday, November 07, 2005 3:47 PM
Subject: [Flashcoders] setChangeHandler no longer works

The movie has been migrated from Flash MX to MX 2004.

The setChangeHandler used to show up in blue in MX, but does not do so in
MX 2004. This has presumably taken it's place:

cboIssueDatesLstnr = new Object();

cboIssueDatesLstnr.change = function(eventObj){
    var eventSource = eventObj.target;

    var theSelectedItem = eventSource.selectedItem;
    var theSelectedItemLabel = theSelectedItem.label;

    trace ( "You selected "+theSelectedItemLabel+".");
}

cboIssueDates.addEventListener ("change", cboIssueDatesLstnr);

But this was lifted from MAcroMedia's Business Directory Sample, and it
doesn't work either. Heck, the trace() never displays.