Sorry to insist, but does this fall into the "too obvious to answer" category or does it fall into the "what you want isn't possible" category?

If it is the first one, I really would appreciate if you guys could point me to some docs where I can find out. If it is the latter, please tell me, so that I can stop looking for an answer.

Thank you very much, and sorry to insist ;)
Caludia

When reading the “DisplacementMapFilter” documentation I found this piece of information:

“A filter is not applied if the resulting image would exceed 2880 pixels in width or height. For example, if you zoom in on a large movie clip with a filter applied, the filter is turned off if the resulting image reaches the 2880-pixel limit.”

So, my question is: How can I dynamically know the width of the resulting image?

Thanks,
Claudia