I run Learning Design for ClearPoint Learning, an e-Learning provider
specializing in the healthcare industry.  We are looking for an
experienced freelance Flash developer to work on-site in our New York
office from now until mid-December - the sooner, the better.  Our
business is thriving and so our workload has gotten quite heavy
recently.  We have a number of projects that are in mid-development and
need someone who can just dive in and pick up where other developers
have left off.  The person we're looking for needs to be extremely
reliable, write clean, modular, passably-documented, well-structured
code, and be able to either work with or quickly replace existing code
that may or may not meet these standards.

The software we build is NOT traditional e-learning; almost all of it
involves video (not lectures) and challenging fictional scenarios, so
the coding and end products will actually be interesting.  While hard
work and meeting deadlines are absolutely critical, the office
atmosphere is generally fun and quite laid back (despite the sobriety of
this email).

Requirements for application:

- A portfolio of professional work in Flash for which you were either
lead programmer or a major contributor to programming efforts.  (Please
specify the nature of your involvement in each project)

- A minimum of 5 years professional programming experience developing
multimedia and internet apps, including at least 1 year of recent Flash
programming on complex projects, working with XML

- Substantial experience working as a part of a software development
team including project managers, artists, and other Flash developers

- A working knowledge of basic JavaScript

- Experience working with .flv's, optimizing playback for different
environments

- An ability to accurately predict and clearly communicate workload and
delivery times

- An ability to consistently produce clean, reasonably well-documented,
modular code under tight timelines

- An ability to design for and plan unit testing throughout the
development process

- At least two excellent recent references

- Experience with SCORM-compliant LMS integration would be a major plus

- Experience synching media (.flv's, mp3's) with software events
(animations, media controller objects, scripts)would also be a major
plus

We are willing to pay very competitive rates for someone with excellent
skills and the compelling professional portfolio and references to prove
it.  If interested, please send a resume and/or links to this email
address.

Thanks!

Adam

Adam P. Neaman