Hi Ian,

I had this issue too. I solved it somehow and I'll have a example up later tonight. Here is part of it.

**************************
Static Textfields - If you only use static fields you do not need to embed any fonts.

Input textfields - You have two methods to embed fonts. In both cases you must have the font symbols in the library (not named the same as the font). The first method is to, 1. Embed fonts by including all the embedded characters in the embed property (in the property inspector) or
2. Use actionscript and set the embed property to true (see code)

Dynamic textfields - Same as input textfields.

TextInput - You can only embed fonts for text inputs by enabling the property in code. Font symbols must be in the library (not named the same as the font). (see code)

Textarea - You can only embed fonts for text inputs by enabling the property in code. Font symbols must be in the library (not named the same as the font). (see code)
**************************

The example has code as well.

Best Regards,
Judah Frangipane

Ian Thomas wrote:

(MX2004)

I'm having a bit of trouble with embedFonts (but not the usual 'can't find
font' trouble!).

I have a bunch of perfectly happily working dynamic TextFields, all created
in ActionScript.

They are all multiline, with wordWrap turned on.

They work perfectly well if I'm not using am embedded font - just relying on
the system fonts.

If I recompile with embedFonts set to true, the text is displayed in its
lovely anti-aliased goodness;
but it doesn't wrap any more - it just carries off to the right and gets
truncated by the edge of the field.

Googling pulls up a conversation on ActionScript.org - where the same
symptom had been seen
(but only with the last line of text - which is different from my
experience). A number of people
had reproduced the problem, but no-one had solved it.

Anyone come across this before? Any solutions? I've tried reordering the
embedFonts=true call with
the setTextFormat/set multiline/set wordwrap/setNewTextFormat calls, but
that makes no difference.

TIA,
Ian