I dont understand. Are you saying that raw sockets is a security
nightmare? or bytearrays?  or the sound buffer access? Raw sockets and
bytearrays are already in flash 8 so are you saying there is already a
security nightmare? Or are you saying that sound buffer access would
somehow tip the scales into a security nightmare? If so, how? It seems
to me that that is no more dangerous than giving developers direct
access to the screen display buffer which they now do already in flash
8.

Regards
Hank