A possible example of the functionality that you are talking about is by
IKEA on http://demo.fb.se/e/ikea/dreamkitchen/site/default.html  They use
the Matrix like 3D spinning views for different kitchen designs. If you were
to combine FLVs of each hotel room like this, with short transitional FLVs
for moving between rooms, I assume that you should be able to simulate a
complete user controlled "walkthrough" of a 3D space as long as you were
only concerned with one viewpoint per room.  But again, I've never tried it,
and I assume that it would take some time to create.

Another fun example that does this for some spaces is the movie Corpse
Brides official site  http://corpsebridemovie.warnerbros.com/ .

Adrian Showalter
Software Developer
Holmes BizNet