I'm sure at places like Microsoft, etc. where you have many people working
on the same project, which will eventually be upgraded to new versions,
possibly by a mostly new team, in a coding language that doesn't receive
major revisions every year or so, then yes it makes sense.

The reason Jesse is right is because customers want to use Flash because
it's quick and easy to develop and deploy compared to C/C++.   It's the
reason Director was so popular in its day, as well.

The longevity of Flash code is also dubious.  I mean, C/C++ pretty much stay
the same.  Each new version of AS adds all kinds of new syntax, class
structure, methods, etc.  Actionscript is far too malleable to have any real
shelf life.  I mean, if I'm put to work on a Flash 5 app, I'm just going to
rewrite it from scratch in AS2 F7 without regard for any kind of commenting
that exists, no matter how robust.  A C++ application from 5 years ago is
more like a C++ app today than a Flash app from 5 years ago is to a Flash
app today.