It's supposed to be the drawing API ;-)
Positioning an animated MC would be the easy way and I always seem to go for the not so easy way ;-)

I got this far (ahum) > http://webkitchen.be/downloads/scribble.swf
And now I need a mathematician to fix the coordinates :p

Obviously, this is totally wrong ;-) but hey... at least I'm trying here ;-) Oh man... I can totally see my math-teacher laughing his ass off right now...

makeOvalCoordinates = function (w, h, p) {
        if (p<=1) {
                nx = w/2;
                ny = h/2;
        } else {
                if (nx>= -w/2){
                        nx -= 10;
                } else {
                        nx+=10;
                }
                if (ny>=-h/2){
                        ny -= 10;
                } else {
                        ny+=10;
        return {x:nx, y:ny};
};

Are you trying to position an animated movieClip Serge, or use the drawing API to draw scribbles? Because it sound like the suggestions you're getting are the latter solution.