>   Question #1:
>   I'd like to set some kind of "priority" for content, sound etc. so
>   if, say, there's a need to download important content, less
>   important content won't start loading?
>   Note: I know about queues, but need smth different.

>    Question #2:
>    Is there a way to stop downloading (of less important) content and
>    start again later?
>

>   Thanks in advance.

I made this SupreLoader class that loads different files that are
listed down in an xml.  It's relies on the fact that the user's
computer will cache it, so when the user actually requests that file,
it needn't be downloaded anymore.

It can be told to halt() when the downloading should be stopped (like
you need to download something more imp't).  However, telling it to
stop for everything you want to prioritize, then telling it to
continue when ur done downloading is rather tedious.  Furthermore, you
cannot stop a download that has already started (save for closing the
flash movie) - so the SupreLoader will only not continue downloading
the next item in the queue.

I tried to make it automatic, but unfortunately, there is no way to
find out if you wish to remain within Flash.  Outside of Flash, I
wouldn't know.

--
Ramon Miguel M. Tayag