Protecting something is all about numbers

a) foobar.swf
   no protection, no obfuscation, nothing
   accessible in the browser cache

b) how many % of users will just know that they can
decompile the SWF with some tools as ASV or others ?

c) how many % users will want so bad the source code of the SWF to
actually buy the tool to decompile it ?

d) add obfuscation
   how many % of users will be motivated and skilled enougth
   to reverse the obfuscation ?

e) add SSL + prevent SWF caching
   how many % users will be motivated and skilled enougth
   to set up and use a proxy and/or a HTTP sniffer ?

Personaly I think that if someone can bypass the obfuscation, (not "jump tricks" but *real* obfuscation by variable renaming/hashing - see http://tech.motion-twin.com/obfu ) then there is no need for additional protections because the user is motivated enough to bypass them as well.

I think that you need to protect from two things :
a) internal attacks, by obfuscating the SWF
b) external attacks, by obfuscating the protocol
This is not *real* security - it should just be called "tricks" to get rid of people without enough free time or technical background.

Nicolas