If you want to share your config, perhaps you could post it to this thread. There are a number of us using Doxygen and its Eclipse plug-in.

I would like to see someone write a Doxygen pre-filter for AS. That is all that is required to get full ActionScipt support in Doxygen. Filters have been written for other languages that are much further away from Java than ActionScript.

Ron

Johan Lopes wrote:

I've used Doxygen for a while to document several high-profile
projects and I love it.

The output I got from it indicated that Doxygen didn't understand AS2, and was
trying to parse the .as files as if they were Java (i.e. class names were
com.something.MyClass rather than just MyClass - that sort of behaviour).

True. If the OPTIMIZE_OUTPUT_JAVA tag is set to YES. Doxygen will then
generate output that is more tailored for Java. For instance,
namespaces will be presented as packages, qualified scopes will look
different, etc. If you just run it with all the default parameters,
the packages will look very weird (at least to my Java eyes) i.e.
com::MyCompanyName::MyProjectName::MyClassName. I like it when it's
dot-syntaxed.

Currently, Doxygen doesn't officially support AS. It works best when
set to treat AS as a Java-like language, but there's some minor issues
with postcolon syntax (:Void etc) especially when you turn on  the
"show-source-in-the-documentation-feature" <--- it's called something
else but you get the idea.

I've used most of the documentation tools mentioned on this list and
there's always trade-offs, even with commercial ones. I know Doxygen
doesn't support AS but I (and most of my clients) love the UML-like
diagrams it spits out so I can live with it's other quirks.

I used to use VisDoc but not anymore cause it only runs on Macs. Used
BLDOC for a while and find it stops generating beyond 5000 line of
code (correct me if I'm wrong). My projects are way too big for it and
then I have draw the diagrams with packages such as Poseidon, ArgoUML
or gModeler (looks good but not useful on large commercial projects).

In Doxygen, have you tried turning HIDE_SCOPE_NAMES to YES. It's on NO
by default.

'
If the HIDE_SCOPE_NAMES tag is set to NO (the default) then Doxygen
will show members with their full class and namespace scopes in the
documentation. If set to YES the scope will be hidden.

'

Mail me off-list if you're interested and I'll share my Doxyfile
(though I'm not running cron jobs).

Time permitting I'm myself very interested to see how easy it would be
to mold Doxygen to parse AS classes in a proper fashion. After all the
source code is there. It's all open-source and well documented!

Another thing to note is that there was a mention at the Spark
Conference in Europe that MM-Adobe is considering releasing the
documentation tool their Dev team uses internally. We'll see, perhaps
with the next big release of the Flash IDE? :)

HTH,

/Johan