ARP is an mvc framework based on design patterns.  You can apply it to
all sorts of projects. I use it on websites frequently...at least the
ones that connect to a remote backend(this is assumed when working
with arp..that you will be connecting to a remote backend, though
there are extension for workin with xml in ARP). Obviously any sort of
RIA would  benefit from it as well.