The extensions _mc, _txt, etc, were originally recommended by
Macromedia to trigger the context sensitive autocompletion in Flash
MX. With strict datatyping it's no longer required and is really just
preference. Personally, I add a $ in front of my private variables and
just make everything else named well enough to be understood by anyone
reading my code.