>>, isn't flex just a cumbersome
way to generate interactive flash?
no. its a whole framework with better written components, databinding and
autolayout.  we don't use the enterprise servers in my current contract
(nothing goes onto the servers without a code review...) and flex is still
much better than flash IMO. i never want to do another project based solely
on fla's. but thats just me so...

we don't use flex builder at all  for flex 1.5, rather use a standard xml
editor in eclipse and FDT.

On 2/12/06, Josh McDonald <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Without builder and enterprise services, isn't flex just a cumbersome
> way to generate interactive flash?
>
> --
>
> "His comrades fought beside him, Van Owen and the rest...
>        But of all the thompson gunners- Roland was the best."
>
> Josh McDonald
> Analyst Programmer
> Information Technology
> Ph: 61 7 3006 6460
> Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

> Apart from Flex Builder and the unlimited Flex Enterprise Services,
> everything is free. Flex 2 that is.
>

> Chris
> --
> Chris Velevitch
> Manager - Sydney Flash Platform Developers Group
> www.flashdev.org.au

> Messages included in this e-mail and any of its attachments are those
> of the author unless specifically stated to represent WorkCover
> Queensland. The contents of this message are to be used for the intended
> purpose only and are to be kept confidential at all times.
> This message may contain privileged information directed only to the
> intended addressee/s. Accidental receipt of this information should be
> deleted promptly and the sender notified.
> This e-mail has been scanned by Sophos for known viruses.
> However, no warranty nor liability is implied in this respect.

j:pn