It's not "just a Flex variant of the language"

The first product to formally use AS3 will be Flex 2, but will also be a
part of Flash:

http://labs.macromedia.com/technologies/actionscript3/
http://labs.macromedia.com/technologies/flashplayer8_5/

Jason Merrill   |   E-Learning Solutions   |  icfconsulting.com

functionality

>>> Regards,
>>>
>>> Sam Thorne
>>> Interaction Design
>>>
>>> Web: http://www.native.com/
>>> Tel: +44 (0)207 588 7970
>>> Fax: +44 (0)207 588 7971

>>> Brought to you by Fig Leaf Software
>>> Premier Authorized Adobe Consulting and Training
>>> http://www.figleaf.com
>>> http://training.figleaf.com

>>Brought to you by Fig Leaf Software
>>Premier Authorized Adobe Consulting and Training
>>http://www.figleaf.com
>>http://training.figleaf.com
NOTICE:
This message is for the designated recipient only and may contain privileged or
confidential information. If you have received it in error, please notify the
sender immediately and delete the original. Any other use of this e-mail by you
is prohibited.